Words of Affirmation For Grandparents
Everyone's breastfeeding journey is different. Just remember that it's okay to ask for help.
Supporting a breastfeeding parent and their baby is so important. When you support them, it may be hard to know what to say in different moments. Words can have a lot of power and may affect people in many ways. Simple words of encouragement to support your breastfeeding loved one can help them feel encouraged and confident to face the difficulties that may arise along their breastfeeding journey.
Below are some encouraging words of affirmation that you can turn to when you may not know what to say.
- I support your choice to breastfeed.
- You are surrounded by people who love and support you.
- Your breastfeeding journey is unique to you.
- I admire how you try your best.
- You’re handling breastfeeding really well!
- It’s normal to feel confused about your baby’s behavior and cues.
- Your best is enough.
- Remember to breathe. You can do it!
Validate their experiences by acknowledging what they are going through and that it may not be easy. Try not to compare them to your own or other’s breastfeeding experiences. Remember that there is no right or wrong way that your loved one may be feeling and sometimes the best way to provide love and support is to listen and give encouragement.