Words of Affirmation For Friends
Everyone's breastfeeding journey is different. Just remember that it's okay to ask for help.
If you are friends with someone who is breastfeeding, you can provide them with support! A breastfeeding parent can experience many different feelings during their journey. Some days may be a breeze while other days can bring about many challenges. Be proud of your friend for continuing to breastfeed through all of the highs and lows. Your support during breastfeeding is meaningful, but there may be moments when it can be hard to find the right words to say, especially in difficult times.
Below are some words of encouragement and kindness that you can express to your friend when you may not know what to say.
- I admire how you give breastfeeding your best.
- I support your choice to breastfeed.
- Take it one feeding at a time.
- You are such a wonderful mother.
- Your baby is so lucky to have you.
- I am here for you.
- You’re exactly what your baby needs.
- You’re an amazing person with a lot of heart.
- It is okay to feel unsure or nervous. You’ve got this!
- Your breastfeeding journey matters.
- I am proud of you for choosing to breastfeed.
- Your breastfeeding journey inspires me.
Sometimes a compassionate friend is just what someone needs to get through a rough patch. Simple words of affirmation can be beneficial. You can also remind your friend to take care of themselves during this time. Your support and kind words provide reassurance and can help make their breastfeeding journey easier.