Use the clutch hold to breastfeed your baby.
- You had a C-section.
- You are breastfeeding twins.
- You have large breasts.
- Your nipples are flat or inverted.
- Your milk let-down is strong.
- Your baby likes to feed upright. This position may help babies with reflux.
- This is how you and your baby are comfortable breastfeeding.
For the right breast, hold your baby level, facing up, at your right side. Put your baby's head near your right nipple and support baby's back and legs under your right arm. Hold the base of your baby's head gently with your right palm. A pillow underneath your right arm can help support your baby's weight. To protect your back, avoid leaning down to your baby. Bring baby to you instead.
Reverse for the left side.